2008 American Heart Association Heart Walk
Friday, September 26, 2008
11:00 am - Introductions/Education/Booth Time
12:00 pm - Walk begins
Grant Park (Southeast corner of Balbo and Columbus)
Northwestern Memorial Hospital is a once again a sponsor of the 1 to 3 mile 2008 American Heart Association Heart Walk.
Join the Northwestern Memorial Hospital Team
We would like to invite the community to join our team and walk with us in Grant Park. You can walk with one of our established teams or gather your friends and family to make your own team. As a walker, you are encouraged to collect donations for your efforts. Call 312-926-8400 for more information and to register.
Day of Walk Details
The walk begins at 12:00 pm. Transportation from Northwestern Memorial Hospital to Grant Park will be provided for registered participants.
Exercise and Your Heart
Exercise can improve the way we look and feel. It also has other benefits.
- Exercise helps lower blood pressure and resting heart rate. It can also improve blood flow to the heart.
- Regular exercise allows the heart to do work with less energy.
- Exercise can help increase HDL, the "good" cholesterol level in the blood.
- Exercise improves flexibility of the muscles and joints, building muscle strength and tone.
- Exercise and a proper diet aid in weight loss.
- Exercise relieves stress and tension
- Exercise relaxes the body and improves sleep.
For more information about the Heart Walk, please call 312-926-8400.
For more information about the Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute, please call 866-662-8467 (toll free).