Student & Alumni News
School of Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Five Northwestern Memorial Nuclear Medicine students presented their scientific abstracts at the Central Chapter Society of Nuclear Medicine Meeting in Oak Brook, IL in March 2013. Three of these students received awards for their presentations. Veronica, Katy and Beth placed first, second and third (respectively) in the research category.
- Two teams of Northwestern Memorial students participated in the fourth annual quiz-bowl at the Central Chapter Society of Nuclear Medicine Meeting.
- Two Nuclear Medicine students’ submitted abstracts were accepted for presentation at the Annual Society of Nuclear Medicine Meeting in Vancouver, Canada in June 2013.
- Following his 2012 Graduation from the School of Nuclear Medicine, Muhammed opted to continue his training and enrolled in the CT Training Program. He completed his CT Training in January 2013.
- Katie was the recipient of the annual Student Award of Excellence at the Class of 2012 Graduation ceremony in August.
- Of the Nuclear Medicine Technologists currently employed at Northwestern Memorial, nine are graduates from our program.
School of Radiation Therapy
The Class of 2011 graduated four students in August. All students are employed and have passed their national board exams. Two students were hired by NMH, one student was hired by NLFH and one was hired by another local hospital.
The Class of 2012 began the program in June of 2011 and consists of four students. One student from Roosevelt University and one student from Benedictine University are pursuing a 3 + 1 B.S. Degree in Radiation Therapy, and two students have Bachelor’s degrees in Radiologic Technology.
Of the Radiation Therapists employed at Northwestern Memorial Hospital’s Radiation Oncology Department, 15 are graduates from our program.
The Radiation Therapy program is proud to report a 100 percent pass rate on the national board exams since the school’s inception.
School of Diagnostic Medical Sonography
The Diagnostic Medical Sonography Class of 2012 graduated four new sonographers on December 4, 2012. Two of our graduates, Izabella and Jason, remain at Northwestern Memorial Hospital as employees in the Feinberg General Ultrasound Department. One week after graduating, Jason became the proud father of a baby girl!
The Class of 2013 began the program in July of 2012 and consists of two students from Benedictine University who are pursuing a 3 + 1.5 Bachelor Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. One student is a native of China, and the other two students are from Chicago suburbs.
The Diagnostic Medical Sonography program has a 100% pass rate for graduates taking the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography certification exams in Sonography Principles and Instrumentation, Abdomen, and OB-GYN specialties.
The Class of 2014 begins the program in July of 2013 with six students. We will welcome students from our Benedictine University and Lewis University affiliates, as well as students from Chicago and from Orgeon. We are pleased to be able to include clinical rotations in the Ultrasound Department at the NMPG Lakeview Clinic.
School of Radiography
- Congratulations to senior student, Ashley W., who was one of only a handful of students from across the country selected by the American Society of Radiologic Technology for the Student Leadership Development Program. The program will be held June 26-29, 2014 in Orlando, Florida and, as part of the program, she will attend educational sessions and the Annual ASRT Governance and House of Delegates Meeting to learn more about professional society governance.
- The class of 2013 took their ARRT national board examination in June of 2013 and had a 100% first-attempt pass rate.
Michelle S. was the recipient of the annual JRCERT Clinical Excellence Award at the Class of 2013 Graduation ceremony in June. She was also hired by Northwestern Memorial Hospital as a radiographer.
The new cohort of 10 students will begin in September (class of 2015). All 10 of the students are University of St. Francis students pursuing the 2 + 2 B.S. Degree in Radiography.
First year student, Abby W. was chosen by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) in a national competition to participate in the Student Leadership Development Program. Abby will receive an all-expenses paid trip to the ASRT Educational Symposium and Annual Governance and House of Delegates Meeting, June 13-16, in Albuquerque, N.M.
The program will be adding a new clinical rotation site: Lurie Children's Hospital, Chicago, IL.