Do you use food to cope with stress or loneliness? Does the number on the bathroom scale affect your outlook on life? Are you preoccupied by food? Do you engage in binge eating or purging?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, you are not alone. Many people of all ages struggle with eating and body image problems. Our eating disorders program can help.
We refer our patients to physicians and clinical psychologists who have a deep understanding of the complex nature of eating and weight-related disorders. We provide comprehensive, multi-dimensional treatment from a team of experienced professionals, tailored to meet individual needs.
Programs Related to Eating Disorders
- Outpatient psychotherapy for treatment of anorexia, bulimia and emotional overeating
- Weight loss surgery program
Although we don't operate an intensive outpatient program at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, we are affiliated with a local intensive outpatient program called Insight into Eating.
Services We Offer
- Psychological assessment
- Psychiatric evaluation and treatment
- Nutritional evaluation and education
- Fitness assessment
- Metabolic rate testing
- Diabetic care training and support groups
- Pre- and post-bariatric surgery support
- Pediatric obesity counseling
- Diabetic behavioral therapy
- Family therapy for eating disorders and weight-related disorders
For extreme emergency (immediate threat of harm), call 911.
If you have an urgent need to speak with someone, please call our psychiatric emergency line at 312-926-8100, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you or a loved one needs help with an eating disorder, please call one of our psychotherapists who specialize in eating disorders at 312-458-9973 to schedule a consultation. Your calls will typically be answered the next business day.