Maggie Daley Center for Women's Cancer Care
There's no sugar coating it - a cancer diagnosis and treatment is not something anyone wants to deal with. At Northwestern Memorial Hospital, we understand how disruptive cancer care is to every day life, so we've created a program that gives women one place for everything she needs while being treated for breast and gynecologic cancer.
At the Maggie Daley Center for Women's Cancer Care, officially opened on April 19, 2010, we focus on each and every patient as an individual, and we work with the women who entrust their care to us to help them find the best, least stressful ways to manage their treatment. And in an effort to make care logistically easier, we've built an entire center under one roof.
Integrative, Holistic Care in One Location
The Maggie Daley Center is the premier women’s cancer program of its kind. The Facility is part of the Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center of Northwestern University, a National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and connected to the Lynn Sage Comprehensive Breast Center. Part of caring for women with breast and gynecologic cancer is focusing on each patient and helping them find the best, least stressful way to manage their treatment and care.
At the Maggie Daley Center for Women's Cancer Care, we offer an integrative approach to cancer care in one location where we can address all of a woman's needs before, during and after treatment.
We know that one size does not fit all when it comes to cancer treatment and therapy, so treatment plans are customized to each individual woman. To that end, the Lurie Cancer Center offers access to clinical trials for women who are interested in exploring these options.
The Maggie Daley Center is located on the 4th and 5th floors of Prentice Women's Hospital, offers 11 private chemotherapy rooms, most that have views of Lake Michigan, and two group chemotherapy spaces.
Helping Our Patients Fight Cancer - Body, Mind & Spirit
In order to help our patients and their families, we staff social workers, psychologists and integrative medicine practitioners. In addition, we offer therapies and services such as:
- American Cancer Society “Look Good, Feel Better” classes to provide information and emotional support
- Fertility Preservation for patients to explore their best options for preserving their ability to start a family
- Oncology-certified dietitian
- Integrative Medicine therapies such as massage, acupuncture and Reiki
- Comprehensive cancer survivorship clinics to manage long-term effects of therapy
- A "Healing Boutique" that offers free wigs and information about community resources
- Skincare consultations by a board-certified dermatologist
- Cancer Genetics Program that provides individualized cancer risk assessment
- Cancer rehabilitation specialists available to help patients maximize strength, endurance and ability
- Comprehensive Counseling services to help patients cope with challenges that may arise during and after treatment
The Lurie Cancer Center is dedicated to finding better, more effective treatment options for patients. There are over 250 cancer-related clinical trials available at Northwestern that range from risk reduction, early detection, new therapies and survivorship challenges.
For more information, contact the Lurie Cancer Center's Clinical Trial Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you or someone you love may have or do have cancer, and you would like to speak with someone at the Maggie Daley Center about treatment options, please contact the Lurie Cancer Center at 312-695-0990.