Depression and Bipolar Disorder
MedlinePlus: Bipolar Disorder
Developed by the National Library of Medicine specifically for consumers, these sites are a portal for both government-sponsored and privately developed health information for the lay public.
Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance
Headquartered in Chicago, this organization offers fact sheets, local support groups throughout the United States and advocacy activities.
- Encyclopedia of Depression. Wasmer Andrews L. 2010
- Complementary and Alternative Treatments in Mental Health Care. Lake J, ed. 2007.
The following is available in print at the Health Learning Center or electronically at http://www.nmh.org/nm/health library virtual library .
- Gale Encyclopedia of Mental Health. Thackery E, ed. 2008.
- Diagnosing and treating mental illness: a guide for physicians, nurses, patients and their families. Wylie J. 2010
- How sadness survived: the evolutionary basis of depression. Keedwell P. 2008
- Bipolar and Pregnant. Finn K. 2007.
- Bipolar Child: The Definitive and Reassuring Guide to Childhood’s Most Misunderstood Disorder. Papolos D. 2006.
- Coping with Depression: From Catch-22 to Hope. Allen JG. 2006.
- Eating, Drinking, Overthinking: Women’s Destructive Relationship with Food, Alcohol, and Depression and How to Break Free. Nolen-Hoeksema S. 2006.
- Mental Health Information for Teens. Bellenir K. 2006.
- Is he depressed or what? What to do when the man you love is irritable, moody, and withdrawn. Wexler, D. 2005.
- Surviving Manic Depression: A Manual on Bipolar Disorder for Patients, Families,and Providers. Torrey, E. 2002.
- Madness: a bipolar life. Hornbacher M. 2008
- Mind race. Jamieson P. 2006.
- Half-Empty Heart: A Supportive Guide to Breaking Free From Chronic Discontent. Downs A. 2003.
- Life after Darkness: A Doctor’s Journey Through Severe Depression. Wield C. 2006.
- Unholy ghost: writers on depression. 2001.
- The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression. Solomon A. 2001.
- Too Soon to Say Goodbye. Buchwald A. 2006.
- Unquiet mind. Jamison, K. 1999.
- Depression. 30 min.
- Chronic Depression. Series of five tapes, each approximately 30 min.
- When Someone You Love Suffers from Depression. 20 min.