Support and Classes at NMH
Grandparents can be wonderful help both during your pregnancy and after delivery. This three-hour workshop brings grandparents-to-be up to date on changing trends in childbirth and is a refresher course on infant care and child rearing. Classes are taught by an experienced maternal/child registered nurse.
To check available dates and to register, call (877) 926-4664.
Nemours Foundation: Taking Care of Your Grandchildren
This site offers excellent articles on child health and safety specifically for grandparents. It also has a grandchild safety checklist.
This site is dedicated to raising grandparent consciousness to better the lives of grandchildren, parents and grandparents. It offers information on education, research, programs, communication, and networking.
National Center on Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
Grandparents.com is for a new generation of active grandparents who want fresh ways to interact, stay connected, and strengthen family bonds. The site offers content tailored exclusively for grandparents, including kid and grandparent-friendly activities, family travel ideas, compelling lifestyle features, expert advice, product reviews for toys and technology, gift ideas for all ages, and much more.
- If I Knew It Was Going to Be This Much Fun, I Would Have Become a Grandparent First. Scott, W. 2004
- The Grandparent Guide. Kornhaber, A. 2002.
- 101 Ways to Spoil Your Grandchild. Lansky, V. 1996.
- Raising Our Children’s Children. Doucette-Dudman, D. 1997.
- Grandparents as Parents: A Survival Guide for Raising a Second Family. De Toledo, S. 1995.
- Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine. Longe JL, ed. 2010.
For more information, please contact the Health Learning Center at 312.926.5465 or HLC@nmh.org.