Nutrition During Pregnancy
MedlinePlus: Pregnancy and Nutrition
Provides a variety of nutritional resources that can prepare you for prenatal care and pregnancy. Developed at the National Library of Medicine specifically for consumers, this site is a portal for trusted government-sponsored and privately-developed health information for the public.
March of Dimes: You Are Pregnant
This webpage at the March of Dimes website has information about nutrition during pregnancy. Other links in the Pregnancy category have additional information for other stages such as planning pregnancy and after delivery.
Daily Food Plans for Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
When you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you have special nutritional needs. This section of Choosemyplate.gov offers personalized eating plans, interactive tools to help you plan and assess your food choices, and advice to help you make smart choices to get the most nutrition out of your calories and stay within your daily calorie needs.
Mayo Clinic: Pregnancy Nutrition: Healthy-Eating Basics
This webpage provides guidelines on essential nutrients and serving sizes for healthy eating during pregnancy.
American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists: Nutrition during Pregnancy
This document from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists answers questions about nutrition during pregnancy.
- I’m Pregnant! Now What Do I Eat? Ricciotti H. 2007.
- The Harvard Medical School Guide to Healthy Eating During Pregnancy. Walker AW. 2006.
- Before Your Pregnancy. Olge A. 2002.
- Prepregnancy Counseling. Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine. Hilton L. 2011. pp. 3558-3560.
- Pregnancy Diet. Gale Encyclopedia of Diets: A Guide to Health and Nutrition. Stanner SA. 2008. pp. 805-9.
Classes and Programs
Prentice Women’s Hospital offers a variety of childbirth education classes, including Great Expectations, Breastfeeding, and Pediatric Care. Please call 312-926-8400 for more information.
- Before Your Pregnancy; 35 minutes