Heart Transplantation Program Benefits
- The Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute's Heart Transplantation program is Medicare approved.
- Internationally renowned cardiologists and cardiac surgeons collaborate in patient care and bring a full range of expertise to treatment decisions.
- The success of the Center for Heart Failure resides in our commitment to manage heart failure through all four stages, starting with prevention.
- Heart failure is diagnosed, staged and treated with a wide array of comprehensive therapies ranging from carefully chosen medications to heart transplantation.
- A multidisciplinary team approach leads to a comprehensive understanding of heart failure and heart transplantation. The team includes skillful nurses and nurse practitioners who play an active role in providing optimal patient care that is comprehensive, efficient and accessible.
- Access to the Cardiac Behavioral Medicine service is available for patients to address depression, anxiety, stress, changes in lifestyle behaviors (e.g., smoking cessation, weight loss), adjustment and acceptance of cardiac diagnosis, and emotional preparation for heart transplantation surgery.
- Ongoing research that includes clinical research trials of the latest devices and drugs helps to ensure that patients receive the best care for heart failure and heart transplantation in the country.
- A basic and important philosophy that encourages continual and open communication with referring physicians so that they may remain involved in their patient's care.
For more information regarding heart transplantation or to obtain a consultation, please contact the Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute at 1-866-662-8467 or request a first time appointment online.
For information regarding other organ transplantation opportunities at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, visit the Kovler Organ Transplantation Center.