Visitor Hours & Guidelines
Visitors play an important role in helping patients recover. The following policy outlines guidelines for visitors. For Prentice Women's Hospital visitor information, please view our Prentice visitor guide.
Find a Patient
To find a patient, please call our Hospital Operators at 312-926-2000.
- 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Visitors may be asked to wait outside the patient's room while the medical staff provides care.
- All visitors must obtain a pass at the information desk on the first floor, including expectant fathers.
The badge is valid only for the date and area displayed and must be worn at all times while inside the hospital.
- One adult visitor is allowed to stay overnight. Each room has a pull-out window seat that may be used as a bed.
- All children under 12 years of age must be in the company and under the supervision of a responsible adult (other than the patient).
- Our medical staff may determine at any time that children may not visit depending on the patient.
- Children visitors must be free from illness and free from contact with ill persons.
For out of town patients and visiting family members, the hospital has negotiated reduced rates at a variety of hotels near the hospital. Call individual hotels for more information on the Northwestern discount.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital is located at 251 E. Huron, Chicago, Illinois. Prentice Women's Hospital is located at 250 E. Superior St., Chicago, Illinois.