Visitors play an important role in helping patients recover. The following policy outlines guidelines for visitors to the Feinberg Pavilion. For Prentice Women's Hospital visitor information, please view our Prentice visitor guide.
Protecting our Patients and You
As of December 21, 2009, we have removed our age restrictions for visitors during flu season; however, we will continue to screen visitors for signs of flu-like illness, and anyone exhibiting symptoms may be asked to postpone their visit. Please speak with your nurse regarding specific visitor requests.
Learn about the symptoms of H1N1 (Swine Flu) before visiting a loved one in the hospital.
- 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Visitors may be asked to wait outside the patient's room while the medical staff provides care.
- All visitors must obtain a pass at the information desk on the first floor, including expectant fathers. All visitors will be screened for flu-like symptoms, and anyone with those symptoms will not be allowed to visit without prior approval.
- The badge is valid only for the date and area displayed and must be worn at all times while inside the hospital.
- One adult visitor is allowed to stay overnight. Each room has a pull-out window seat that may be used as a bed.
- All children under 12 years of age must be in the company and under the supervision of a responsible adult (other than the patient).
- Our medical staff may determine at any time that children may not visit depending on the patient.
- Children visitors must be free from illness and free from contact with ill persons.
For out of town patients and visiting family members, the hospital has negotiated reduced rates at a variety of hotels near the hospital. Learn more about hotels that offer discounted lodging, and call individual hotels to speak to in-house reservations. Remember to ask about availability with the "Northwestern" discounted rate.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital is located at 251 E. Huron, Chicago, Illinois. Prentice Women's Hospital is located at 250 E. Superior St., Chicago, Illinois.
Find a Patient
To contact a Northwestern Memorial Hospital or Prentice Women's Hospital patient: 312-926-2000