High-speed wireless internet access is available in some areas of Northwestern Memorial Hospital's Feinberg and Galter pavilions and Prentice Women's Hospital.
Wi-Fi is available at the following locations:
Health Learning Center, third floor
Sixth floor, Ambulatory Surgery Center
Prentice Women's Hospital
A wireless-enabled device with a standard Internet browser and a Wi-Fi (802.11) card. This card may be built into your computer or it can be used as a separate wireless network interface card.
The following are basic steps, which may vary according to your specific hardware and software versions. Wireless adapter settings are modified in the Windows Network and Dial-up Connections of the Control Panel. The Service Set Identifier (SSID) and Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) key settings should be available in the utility that came with your 802.11 wireless adapter.
1. Enable your wireless adapter.
2. Select NMHGUEST as the SSID.
3. The WEP key is not used. Turn encryption type to "Disabled."
4. Set the WLAN type to Infrastructure or 802.11.
5. Make sure that the DHCP for your wireless adapter is ON.
6. Set the TCP/IP properties for your wireless adapter to obtain an IP address automatically.
Alternative Internet Access Options
If you do not have wireless Internet connection on your laptop computer, you may use the computers in the Health Learning Center, located on the third floor of the Galter Pavilion.
If you have a technical question, call the Northwestern Memorial Technical Support and Customer Response Unit at 312-926-8800, daily from 7 a.m. to midnight.