Prentice Women's Hospital Fact Sheet
The new Prentice Women's Hospital opened on October 20, 2007 when it moved from its original facility to a new one million square foot state-of-the-art hospital dedicated to providing care for the unique needs of women through all stages of life. The hospital was thoughtfully conceived to provide patients with comfort and convenience, the latest in healthcare technology and support of the best professionals in healthcare.
- 328 licensed beds, including obstetrics, GYN and GYN/oncology, breast and plastic surgery, hematology/oncology and neonatal intensive care unit.
- With capacity for 13,600 deliveries per year, Prentice Women’s Hospital will continue to be the largest birthing center in both Illinois and the Midwest and is poised to be among the top five birthing centers in the nation by volume of births.
- The Renée Schine Crown Neonatal Intensive Care Unit will expand to accommodate 86 Level III bassinettes for critically ill newborns, making it one of the largest NICU’s in the country.
- Prentice is also home to the Lynn Sage Comprehensive Breast Center, the largest comprehensive breast center in the Midwest.
- Prentice was built with several “green aspects” in mind including more than 9,500 square feet of green space on four roof areas.
- The Alberto Culver Health Learning Center is open to patients, families and visitors who wish to gain access to health and wellness information, as well as public computers and one-on-one health counseling.
- Numerous classes are available to expecting and new moms, including “Great Expectations”, prenatal yoga, Pilates, and aerobics
- More than 1,000 pieces of artwork, including original, limited editions or poster art have been purchased as part of the hospital’s art program. The program focuses on local art and healing art and is as diverse in its subject matters as it is in the artists featured
- Prentice Women’s Hospital is wired for cell phone usage and wireless Internet access throughout the facility.
- Nursing areas are equipped with Navicare Unit Management System Electronic LCD data screens, which display real-time patient status prior to, during and after surgical procedures.
- Wireless nurse-calling abilities enable quick, hands-free communication between nurses, physicians and other clinicians.
- Interactive televisions in patient rooms provide 24-hour access to health education, hospital information, the Internet and entertainment options that include television, movies and games.
- The Fresh Market at Fairbanks located on the second floor of Prentice is open 24 hours for employees, physicians, patients, visitors and the community. Featuring the collaboration of two award-winning celebrity chefs: Joyce Goldstein and Cary Neff, the result is menu selections that incorporate today’s culinary trends with standards of good nutrition.
- Argo Tea located on the first floor, sells signature teas from around the world, specialty drinks and other healthy beverages and food items.
- Les Fleurs de Ashland Addison Fleuriste located on the lobby level, is an open, French market-style florist that will offer fresh flowers, floral designs, blooming plants and gift items.
- The Zen & Now Gift Shop carries an array of gifts, unique household items and cards. The shop will also provide to-go dessert items and baked goods from Eli’s Cheesecake.