Nursing Awards & Recognition
Northwestern Memorial recognizes our nurses' commitment to research, professional development and continually improving patient care.
Our nurses regularly receive recognition for their continual commitment to excellence.
Congratulations to our 2012 Nursing Spectrum Excellence Awards Finalists:
Jillian Bergner, BSN, RN, NE-BC
Patient & Staff Management
Jill Rogers, PhD, RN, NEA-BC
Advancing & Leading the Profession
Brenda Schmitz, MS, RN
Home, Community & Ambulatory Care
Lisa Williams, MS, RN, AACRN
Volunteerism & Service
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Annual Magnet Nurse of the Year: Transformational Leadership
Cora J. Palmer, BSN, RN-BC, CMSRN
2012 American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) President
Michelle Janney, PhD, RN, NEA-BC
Senior Vice President and Wood-Prince Family Chief Nurse Executive
Academy of Medical Surgical Nurses - 2011 Chapter of the Year
Academy of Medical-Surgical Nurses – Chapter 317. Chicago, IL. September 2011
Cora Palmer, RN, BSN, Chapter President
2011 March of Dimes Jonas Salk Leadership Award in Nursing
14th Jonas Salk Health Leadership Awards Luncheon. Chicago, IL. September 2011
Carol Burke, MSN, APN
United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) Winner in Revenue Management/Optimizing Profitability
UNOS Transplant Management Forum. Denver, CO. April 2011
Gwen Mc Natt, RN, MS, FNP-BC
View the latest research journal and text book contributions written by members of our dedicated nursing staff, including:
- Preventing recurrent cerebrovascular events in patients with stroke or transient ischemic attack: the current data. Journal of the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners. July 2011. Deborah L. Bergman MS, RN, FNP-BC.
- Slide Set Development for : "Vascular Contributions to cognitive Impairment and Dementia Scientific Statement for Healthcare Professionals from the AHA/ASA". Science News Section on AHA Website. July 2011. Deborah L. Bergman MS, RN, FNP-BC.
- Achieving Exceptional Financial Performance through Leadership, Strategy, and Execution. Nursing Economics. July-August 2011. Michelle Janney, RN, PhD, NEA-BC.
- Perioperative Care of the Pregnant Woman: Evidence Based Clinical Practice Guideline. Association of Woman's Health and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN). June 2011. Carol Burke, MSN, APN.
- Are informed consent forms for organ transplantation and donation too difficult to read?. Clinical Transplantation. May 2011. Gwen Mc Natt, RN, MS, FNP-BC (co-author).
offers a full list of where our nurses have presented their latest research findings from meetings and workshops to conferences all around the world, including:
- Pulmonary Issues in a Cancer Patient
Presentation at the Oncology Nursing Society. Hartford, CT. November 18, 2011. Susan Collazo, RN, MSN, ACNP.
- Broad Engagement Beyond Nursing as a Measure of Success: An Innovative Magnet Redesignation Strategy
Presentation at the National Magnet Conference. Baltimore, MD. October 4-6, 2011. Kristopher Goetz, MA; Michelle Janney, RN, PhD, NEA-BC; Jill Rogers, RN, PhD, NEA-BC.
- No Longer Your Traditional Educator: From Staff Educator to Organizational Leader Presentation at the National Magnet Conference. Baltimore, MD. October 4-6, 2011. Kate O’Brien, RN, BSN, CMSRN.
- Recruitment and Retention: Achieving Exceptional Outcomes through Direct Care Nurse Leadership
Presentation at the National Magnet Conference. Baltimore, MD. October 4-6, 2011. Sarah Buenaventura, RN, MSN, CMSRN; Abigail Jones, RN, BSN; Maureen Slade, RN, MS, PMHCNS-BC, NE-BC.
- Facilitating Exemplary Professional Practice through the Work of a Nursing Finance Committee
Virtual poster at the National Magnet Conference. Baltimore, MD. October 4-6, 2011. Kelly Marks, RN, BSN; Kristin Ramsey, RN, MSN, MPPM, NE-BC.