Historically one of the most respected orthopaedic programs in the United States, the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Northwestern Memorial Hospital offers every aspect of orthopaedic care – from bone fractures to hip joint pain, from sports injuries to tendonitis.
In its 2012-13 ranking of U.S. hospital specialties, U.S. News & World Report placed Northwestern Memorial among the country's Top 20 for Orthopaedics.
The Department of Orthopaedic Surgery specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of:
- Shoulder, hand, foot & ankle injuries
- Fractures and deformities of the spine & extremities
- Arthritis disorders & degenerative arthritis: shoulder, hip, knee, and spine
- Skeletal problems related to osteoporosis
- Spinal disorders
- Injuries & metastatic lesions of the musculoskeletal system
We work in partnership with:
We also have an essential academic and service relationship with Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, one of the top research-oriented medical schools in the country.
These affiliations allow us to offer our patients:
- an outstanding depth and breadth of care
- the latest orthopaedic practices and innovations
In keeping with our “Patients First” philosophy, we encourage learning, critical inquiry and excellence of orthopaedic practice.
Current initiatives include:
- the development of less invasive, more effective, and lower-cost methods of spine fusion
- the basic science and clinical investigation of issues that affect patient outcomes, including the stimulation of bone healing
- a geriatric fracture program with innovative approaches and care for patients with fragility fractures
Our dedication to doing whatever is required to achieve the highest clinical quality and patient outcomes is why people consistently count on and recommend the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
The Acute Spinal Cord Injury Center at Northwestern Memorial and the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago are part of the Midwest Regional Spinal Cord Injury Care System. This collaborative effort, is one of only 14 Model System programs in the United States to be designated as a Model System of Care for spinal cord injury.
Call for an Appointment
Please call our Physician Referral Department at 1-877-926-4664.
Online Appointment Request (New Patients Only)
If you need to schedule a first time appointment, you may use our online appointment request form.
Tune in to Health
Listen to our physicians discuss the latest advances in orthopaedic injuries, disease and disorders.