Telephone pre-registration helps ease check-in on the day of surgery. Please call 312-926-2950 and have the following information available when you call:
- Contact information (name, address, telephone)
- Social Security Number (new patients)
- Health insurance information
Please register at least two business days before your surgery.
Call from the Pre-Op Nurse
On the day before your surgery (or on Friday before a Monday surgery), a preoperative nurse may call you. The nurse will discuss:
- Arrival time
- Surgery time
- Diet and medicines guidelines before your surgery
- Discharge home or hospital stay
You will be directed to come to one of the following locations on the day of surgery:
(Campus Map, Driving Directions)
- Olson Ambulatory Surgery Center: 312-926-7937
6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
710 N. Fairbanks Court, Olson Pavilion
- Prentice Ambulatory Surgery Unit: 312-472-0600
6:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Prentice Women's Hospital
250 E. Superior Street
- Same Day Surgery: 312-926-5450
6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
201 E. Huron Street, Galter Pavilion
During the call with the nurse, please ask the nurse any questions you have about your procedure.
The nurse may refer you to your surgeon for questions about your specific surgery. Should you have a question later on, you may call the pre-op nurse. You may use the numbers listed above to reach a nurse at your surgery center.