Every detail counts when it comes to providing the highest quality care that is safe and error-free. Northwestern Memorial Hospital is recognized as a national leader in quality and patient safety for our commitment to proven, effective practices and our investment in outcomes research.
What Quality Means to Us
To us, quality means delivering care that is effective, safe, coordinated, timely and convenient. To find out if we are achieving quality care, we constantly measure our healthcare performance by collecting hundreds of quality measures. We make our Quality Ratings public to let you know how we measure up to national healthcare quality comparisons.
Our Overall Quality Performance
- The Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute's 2011 Clinical Activities and Outcomes Microsite is a valuable resources for patients and physicians when planning cardiovascular care
- Medicare patient survival better at the Bluhm Cardiovascular Institute for high-risk cardiovascular surgery
- Northwestern Memorial places among the top 10 percent of hospitals in more than 80 percent of national public quality measures
- 12 of our clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best by the 2010 edition of U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Hospitals"
- In 2008, The Leapfrog Group, an association of employers, named us among the 26 top hospitals in the U.S. for quality and safety
- For 15 consecutive years, we have been ranked as the "most preferred" hospital by Chicago-area consumers
Our National Recognition
Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine are nationally recognized leaders in development, research and implementation of quality and patient safety processes and measures.
- Northwestern Memorial Named One of the Nation's Top 100 Hospitals - March 2010
- Northwestern Cancer Program Recognized for Outstanding Achievement - March 2010
- Northwestern Memorial Among America's Best Hospitals in 12 Clinical Specialties According to the 2010 edition of U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Hospitals". - July 2010
- Northwestern Memorial Named Leapfrog Top Hospital - December 2009
- Living Donor Kidney Transplant Program Ranked Largest in the Country - March 2009
- Northwestern Memorial's Heart Transplant Program No. 1 in Illinois and Among Highest-Rated Nationally - March 2009
Get the Flash Player to see this player.