Use of Medical Imaging (Tests Like Mammograms, MRIs & CT Scans)
These measures give you information about Northwestern Memorial Hospital's use of medical imaging tests for outpatients based on the following:
- Protecting patients’ safety, such as keeping patients’ exposure to radiation and other risks as low as possible
- Following up properly when screening tests such as mammograms show a possible problem
- Avoiding the risk, stress and cost of performing imaging tests that patients may not need
This information only includes medical imaging done on outpatients. Medical imaging tests done for patients who have been admitted to the hospital as inpatients are not included.
These measures are based on Medicare claims data.
Our outpatient radiology practices measures are:
- Brain CT scan with sinus CT scan
- Cardiac imaging tests before low-risk outpatient surgery
- Combination or double CT scans of the abdomen
- Combination or double CT scans of the chest
- Follow up mammogram or ultrasound
- MRI for low back pain