Breast Imaging or Mammogram
Yearly screening mammograms are recommended for women aged 40 years or older. If you are at a higher risk for breast cancer, talk with your healthcare provider about whether to have screening mammograms before age 40.
Early Detection Saves Lives
Mammograms can detect changes in the breasts before they'd be noticed during a self-examination or an office exam, and early detection saves lives.
Please book your appointment in advance so we can work around your schedule. If you need to cancel your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible so we can reschedule your appointment without delay.
To schedule your mammography appointment, please call: 312-926-5522.
Mammography screenings are available at:
- 7 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday
- 7 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Friday
- 8 a.m. to Noon Saturday
- 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- 8 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, Friday
- 9 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday
Comprehensive Breast Imaging Services
In addition to screening mammography, the Lynn Sage Comprehensive Breast Center at Northwestern Memorial Hospital offers diagnostic breast imaging evaluation, including:
- Diagnostic mammography
- Breast ultrasound
- Breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- All imaging-guided breast biopsies
These services are available at Prentice Women's Hospital, 4th Floor. Hours of operation are:
- 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
Exams are tailored to your medical needs, and interpretations and biopsy procedures are performed by radiologists who are fellowship-trained in breast imaging.
The Lynn Sage Comprehensive Breast Center at Northwestern Memorial Hospital is an American College of Radiology Center of Excellence.
Request Mammogram Films
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital: 312-472-0431
- Northwestern Lake Forest Hospital: 847-535-6469
Last UpdateApril 17, 2013