Number of Transplants
The following table summarizes the number of transplants performed by organ at Northwestern Memorial Hospital per year.
|Transplants by Organ||2009||2010||2011|
|Living Donor Kidney||149||167||154|
|Living Donor Liver||19||17||21|
Based on OPTN Data as of March 23, 2012
U.S. Transplants Performed: January 1, 1988 – December 31, 2011
Transplant patient and graft outcomes at Northwestern Memorial Hospital continue to be excellent and compare favorably with local, regional and national statistics. The following table shows the first-year patient and graft (organ) survival rates by organ at Northwestern Memorial.
|Transplants by Organ||1 Yr Patient Survival
||1 Yr Graft Survival|
|Living Donor Kidney||98.50%||95.91%|
|Simultaneous Pancreas/Kidney||97.14%||93.10% (pancreas)
|Living Donor Liver||100.0%||91.89%|
Report Published January 2012
Based on patients receiving their first transplant between 7/1/2008 and 12/31/2010
Northwestern Memorial's Transplant Growth
- Largest living donor kidney transplant programs in the country
- Northwestern Memorial performed 154 living donor kidney transplants in 2011.
- All donor surgeries are performed using a minimally invasive laparoscopic procedure.
- Largest and most successful kidney transplant program in Illinois and one of the largest in the Midwest
- More than 3,500 kidney transplants have been performed at Northwestern Memorial since the program’s inception.
- 263 kidney transplants were performed in 2011.
- Largest and most successful liver transplant program in Illinois and one of the largest in the Midwest
- More than 1,300 liver transplants have been performed at Northwestern Memorial.
- 134 liver transplants were performed in 2011.
- In 2011, we performed 21 adult living donor liver transplants, making ours one of the largest living donor programs in the U.S.
- More than 165 living donor liver transplants have been performed since 1993, the most of any transplant center in Illinois.
- Largest and most successful pancreas transplant program in Illinois
- Northwestern Memorial performed 28 pancreas transplants in 2011.