In 2006, the Vulvar Mucosal Specialty Clinic opened in the Department of Dermatology at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Here, Bethanee J. Schlosser, MD, PhD, and Catherine S. Stika, MD, provide comprehensive care to women with vulvar disease or symptoms.
Diagnoses may include
- Contact dermatitis
- Changes in skin pigmentation
- Fissures (cracks in skin)
- Lichen planus
- Lichen sclerosus
- Lichen simplex chronicus
- Mucous membrane (cicatricial) pemphigoid
- Pigmented skin lesions
- Skin growths
- Vulvar involvement by systemic inflammatory conditions including Crohn's disease, systematic lupus erythematosus, Behcet's disease and others
Symptoms may include
- Vulvar/vaginal itching
- Vulvar/vaginal irritation, burning and pain
The phone number for both healthcare providers and patients to call is 312-695-0815.
Our phone lines are open Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Our clinic hours are on Mondays from 1 to 5 p.m.
Our clinic is located in our medical building across from the Galter Pavilion at:
Vulvar Mucosal Specialty Clinic
Department of Dermatology
Arkes Family Pavilion
676 N. St. Clair, Suite 1600
Chicago, IL 60611
Tune in to Health
Listen to Richard Burt, MD, discuss exciting progress in lupus research.